Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Moving Out!

  While working at the bar last night I was pleasured to meet two young men who were excited about life and in love with what they were doing.  Life had yet to taint their idealistic views of the future.  It brought back so many memories.  Although I was a bit envious of their youth I was excited to hear the passion and love in their voices.  It wasn't that long ago that I was writing an artist statement that was full of ambition and dreams of changing the world.  Somewhere along the way I have lost hope that my dreams were obtainable and I long to find that hope again.  No matter what the reason is for this refreshing and new excitement it is welcome!!
   I've been considering moving out of the art center for awhile now, but for some reason I felt like it meant that I had failed, but finally making the decision to do so has been a huge relief.  Something about the Idea of having a studio in my basement has made me really excited about making work.  I'm excited to challenge myself with new material and techniques.  I'm excited to clean and arrange a space to make it my own.  The last few months have been full of anxiety and embarrassment about the lack of time I've been in the studio and now that I have 24 hour access to my studio hopefully I'll be able to really get into making work again.  Wish me luck!! :O)